New British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP) Tech Pilot draw held on 20th April 2021. The BC PNP Province has now invited 3,531 candidates to apply for a provincial nominatio...Read more...
Apply Canada PR Visa from India
The Best way to move to Canada is by getting a Canada PR Visa. It is a type of permanent visa that allows the immigrant to live, work or study anywhere in the country for a duration of five years.
In this article, we will discuss how to apply for Canada PR Visa and all the related information to it through the following topics:
- What are the different immigration programs for Canada PR Visa?
- Steps to apply for Canada PR Visa from India
- How to calculate Canada PR Points?
- Documents required for Canada PR
- What are Canada PR Visa fees in 2021?
What are the different immigration programs for Canada PR Visa?
There are over 80 immigration pathways of moving to Canada. Major immigration programs that allow an Indian to move to Canada are as follows:
- Express Entry: Immigrate as a skilled Worker
- Family Sponsorship: Can sponsor application of your relatives, and others to immigrate
- Provincial Nominees: Move to Canada by being nominated by a province or territory
- Quebec-selected skilled Workers: Move to Quebec as a skilled worker
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot: Immigrate to Atlantic region of Canada
- Caregivers: Move to Canada as a caregiver to children, elderly or those with medical needs
- Start-up Visa: Can move to Canada by starting a business and create jobs
- Self-employed: Immigrate as self-employed in cultural or athletic activities
- Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot: Pilot program to apply for PR Visa to help smaller Canadian communities
What are Federal Economic Class Programs?
Express entry program, introduced in 2015, manages the profiles of the immigrants who have applied for Canada PR Visa through Canada’s three federal economic class programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP): For skilled immigrants with work experience
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP): For skilled workers with work experience in a skilled trade
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC): For skilled workers with Canadian work experience
All the profiles are submitted together into the express pool. Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) ranks the express profiles in the pool, and the higher-ranked profiles are then issued Invitation to Apply (ITA) to apply for Canada PR Visa to Immigration, Refugee & Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Candidate has 60 days of submitting their application to IRCC from the day they get an ITA.
There are also other major immigration programs, to apply for Canada PR Visa from India. These immigration programs are as follows:
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP): Canada’s thirteen provinces & territories has an immigration pathway known as the Provincial Nominee Program, which allows them to nominate the potential skilled immigrants that can meet the demands of the local labour market and help in the economic development of the province or territory. Major PNPs of Canada are as follows:
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
- Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NS NP)
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
- New Brunswick Immigration
- Newfoundland Immigration
- Prince Edward Island Immigration
Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP): Province of Quebec has its own immigration program that allows them to select immigrants who will easily able to adapt to the daily life of the province and assist in the economic development of the province. This candidate must get a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) and then apply for Canada PR Visa to the IRCC.
Family Class Immigration: For the candidate who wants to move to Canada, and also have a family member or relative living in Canada as a permanent resident or a citizen can apply through this immigration pathway. Following are the family members that can be sponsored for Canada immigration:
- Spouse or Common-law Partner
- Dependent Children
- Siblings, nephews or nieces
- Grandchildren who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship
If you want to know more about different Canada immigration programs from India, get in touch with us right now!!!
Simple Steps to apply for Canada PR Visa from India 2021
- Complete ECA
- Take IELTS Test
- Create Express Entry Profile
- Apply for PNP
- Get an ITA
- Medical & Background Checkups
- Application under Assessment
- Receive CoPR
- Get Your PR Card
In order to apply for Canada PR Visa from India through Express entry program, just follows simple steps:
- Step 1: Complete ECA – Candidate have to get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) certificate, to prove equivalency to Canadian education.
- Step 2: Take your Language Test – Proving your language proficiency in either or both of the official languages of Canada English or French. This candidate has to take language tests that are recognized by the government.
- Step 3: Create Express Profile – Apply through any of the three federal economic immigration programs and create an express profile in the express entry program.
- Step 4: Apply for PNP (Optional) – Express entry also allows the candidate to apply for provincial nomination. If able to get the certificate, it awards 600 CRS points.
- Step 5: Get an ITA – Higher ranked profiles are then issued an ITA to apply for PR Visa within 60 days
- Step 6: Complete Medical and background checkups – In this candidate has to get a Medical Certificate as well as a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- Step 7: Application under Assessment – Canada PR Visa application will be evaluated by IRCC. In this step, if there will be any further requirements, the candidate must be ready to provide the asked information
- Step 8: Receive CoPR – After a positive evaluation of the application, the candidate will be issued a CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Resident) at this step
- Step 9: Arrive in Canada as a permanent resident from India!!!
How to calculate Canada PR Points?
Canada Immigration is a point-based process. Having a point-based system allows immigrants to pre-determine their eligibility for the process. It also makes the whole process of applying for PR Visa from India transparent and simple.
For the skilled immigrants who want to apply for Canada PR Visa through the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), they have to score a minimum 67 points for Canada Immigration out of 100 points. These points are allocated based on the following selection factors:
- Language Proficiency (Maximum 28 points)
- Education (Maximum 25 points)
- Work Experience (Maximum 15 points)
- Age (Maximum 12 points)
- Arranged Employment (Maximum 10 points)
- Adaptability (Maximum 10 points)
After the candidate is able to score a minimum 67 points for Canada Immigration, they are allowed to create and express profile in the express entry program.
As mentioned before, the express entry program uses a CRS system to rank the profiles in the express pool. In the CRS system, points are awarded based on the following factors:
- Core Human Capital Factors
- Skill Transferability Factors
- Spouse/Common-law partner Factors
- Additional Points
To know your CRS score for Canada immigration from India, use our latest CRS calculator!!!
Documents required for Canada PR from India
Providing the right set of documents is an important step for Canada Immigration. Following is a checklist of documents that a candidate requires in order to move to Canada from India:
- ECA (Educational Credential Assessment)
- Language test results (IELTS etc.)
- Education Documents (like degrees, diploma or certificates)
- Identity proof documents
- Proof of funds
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) & Medical Certificate
- Traveling documents like passport
- Other documents if required by the authority
What are Canada PR Visa fees in 2021?
Following is the cost to apply for Canada PR Visa through Express entry program from India in 2021:
Fees Submitted to Government
- Application processing fee – CAD $825
- Right of Permanent Residence fee – CAD $500
- Include Spouse or partner – CAD $825
- Include a dependent child – CAD $225 (per child)
- IELTS exam fees – INR 14,000
- ECA fees – CAD $220 that converts to approximately INR 12,000
- Medical Test Reports – INR 5,500
- Police Clearance Certificate – INR 500
Other than these costs, the candidate is also required to show proof of funds in bank statements, Fixed Deposits etc. These settlement funds prove that the candidate is able to support themselves and accompanying family members financially for their move to Canada. Following table illustrates the settlement funds required for Canada PR Visa:
|Number of Family Members||Amount Required (In-CAD)|
|Each additional family member||$3,492|
Why Choose Us?
At AP Immigration, we provide professional immigration advice and application services to people from all walks of life. If you are a student or a professional who wants to move to Canada, you can streamline your immigration process by taking our help. We will not only ensure that your application is dealt with positively, but we will also provide you with sound immigration advice so that you are aware of every step of the process. Contact us today and start your Canada Immigration process with us!!!