People looking for relocation to Canada as a permanent resident primarily looks for the effortless and swiftest process to accomplish their dream under various sub-classes of Federal Sk...Read more...
Provincial Nominee Program
PNP simply stands for Provincial Nominee Program and by the name itself, it implies that in this program, immigrant gets nominated by a particular Province or Territory of Canada. Forgetting nominated under a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), an immigrant must have the required skills, education & the experience that can ultimately contribute to the economy of that particular Province or Territory and most importantly the immigrant should be willing to stay in that Province or Territory.
Each Province has their own customized nomination criteria through which they target a specified group of immigrant for ex. Skilled Worker, Semi-Skilled Worker, Student or Business Person, etc. depending upon their economic needs.
Eligibility for Provincial Nominee Program
Any of the Provinces can change their minimum eligibility criteria at any point of time without giving any prior notification of the same.
- If the application is being made on the paper basis (not under Express Entry)
- Must meet the minimum requirement set for their non-express entry program.
- Must be nominated by that Province for the same program.
- If the application is being made under the Express Entry Program
- Must meet the minimum point requirement as per the cutoff set by that particular Province for their Express Entry selection criteria.
- Must be eligible to apply under the Express Entry System.
- Must get the nomination by the province for the same program.
- Must apply to IRCC to become a Permanent Resident
- Stay Duration
Can stay permanently but the Visa initially comes with a validity of 5 years which can be extended further after the expiry of its validity. Under the PNP stream, an immigrant needs to stay in the nominating province for a definite period of time and then after will be independent to choose any location as per their desire.
This feature has been added to ensure that you are staying with good intentions and are adhering with the Countries standards and regulations and also to provide you an opportunity that you can apply for Canadian Citizenship after staying for a specific duration in Canada.
Costing For Visa
The government fee for submitting the Visa application in PNP program (For Express Entry Stream Only) is CAD 550 (Per applicant including the main applicant) and CAD 150 (For children under 19 years age and not having any partner) which can be calculated in INR as per the current CAD value in INR.
Apart from this, there will be some other government charges that you have to pay for the ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) of your occupation to the respective government body and the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (CAD 490). The exact amount for these fees can be checked over the respective government website.
Province wise PNP Programs for Canada:
- For Alberta
- For British Columbia
- For Manitoba
- For New Brunswick
- For Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- Note 1:- A person cannot opt for Quebec under Express Entry System.
- Note 2:- Maximum age required for Express Entry system is 46 or below.
- Note 3:- Quebec has different immigration programs, visit Quebec page to Know.