The latest draw conducted by Nova Scotia issued invitations to Social and Community service workers only, taking care of the professional shortage of this field under the Labour market Priorities Stream. The province selected candidates from the Express Entry pool with work experience as social and community service workers bestowing them with 600 extra points towards the Comprehensive ranking System score ensuring a visa approval in future.
This was the 6th Draw through Labour Market Priorities Stream in the year 2019 wherein candidates were given away invitations to apply Canada PR through Provincial Nomination Program. Preceding draws targeted Express Entry candidates with work experience under professions like nurses, carpenters, financial auditors, accountants etc. Express Entry is a Program which undertakes the management of three economic immigration subcategories known as Federal Skilled Worker Class, Canadian Experience Class and Federal Skilled Trades Class.
Let’s go through the job profile of Social and Community Service Worker (NOC) 4212) to better understand the candidates falling under this category:
- Evaluate client s background information along with interviewing clients to gain the history of the case
- Prepare intake reports
- Review clients requirements and potency.
- Give help to clients to check out on options developing an appropriate plan of action fulfilling their needs and requirements
- Evaluate and scrutinize eligibility for social profits
- Refer clients to other social services or aid clients in positioning and operating community possessions including legal, health and economic assistance, accommodation, employment, transportation and other services
- Guide client living in group homes and half-way houses, oversee their activities and assist in pre-release and release planning
- contribute in the selection and admission of clients in appropriate programs
- Implement life skills workshops, substance abuse treatment programs, behavior management programs, youth services programs and other community and social service programs under the supervision of social services or health care professionals
- Meet with clients to assess their progress, give support and discuss any difficulties or problems
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of treatment programs by tracking clients’ behavioral changes and responses to interventions
- Assist clients about social help and pensions
- Confer crisis and disaster shelter service
- Implement and organize the delivery of specific services within the community
- Uphold contacts with other social service agencies, Medicare providers involved with clients to give information and get feedback on clients’ overall progress
- Harmonize the volunteer activities of human service agencies, health care facilities and arts and sports associations.
**The USP of receiving an invitation through Labour Market Priorities Stream is that they do not need job offer in order to be considered for Canada PR visa through Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP)
Criteria’s To Be Met To Be Eligible Under This Program:
- Must have work Experience as social worker or community service worker (NOC 4212)
- Should be able to provide Reference Letters from employers exhibiting their work Experience of minimum two years as a full-time within five previous years of the date of application
- Should have English or French language test result showing at least Canadian Level Benchmark score of minimum 7 in all the four modules (reading, writing, speaking and listening)
- Should have minimum qualification of bachelor’s degree or an equivalent program of three or more years from an university, college, trade or technical school, or other eligible institute which can be verified by Canadian authorized authorities like WES, IQAS etc.
- Must have a valid Express Entry profile.
To apply this program in a proper and correct manner with appropriate documentation you can always hire a proficient and experienced immigration consultancy like AP Immigration who can lend you a helping hand, explaining you all the small details and requirements of the program. Call us at 9899146637 or upload your resume below to avail the best counseling session by our experts.
What is CRS point System?
CRS completely stands for Comprehensive Ranking system; the name itself speaks a thousand words explaining the exact meaning of this ranking system. It is a mandatory and a very crucial point calculator where eligible candidates are once again allocated points on the basis of six common factors already used to check 67 point eligibility defined below as well, assigning a rank according to the points secured under the Canada Express Entry CRS Point Calculator.
Scoring points in the point calculator and matching the cut off announced by IRCC is the most important factor in assuring your permanent residency visa for Canada. Many a times people cross the first stride of 67 point calculator but gets stuck in the second step that is the CRS point calculator because of several reasons which indeed keeps them in the queue but rewards them with long waiting time. Here applicants lose their patience, feels disheartened and drops their dream, but losing hope is not a solution to the problems. As it is famously said “Where There Is a Will There Is a Way”, so here also there are a number of ways you can still pursue your dream and fulfill it. You can look out for the options below or talk to our experts for experienced and accurate information.
Points Calculator 2019
Please fill the below form to help us assist you better.